New random Orb Quote generator will go here.
Clan Orb

Last visit was:

Clanorb.com » Forum Index » Public » Clan Matters

Another Join request

Forum Index » Public » Clan Matters
Topics meant to orb as a whole, such as matches, requests to join(see sticky!) or ranting.

Mon May 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Usually I'm great at starting these out, but after looking at how long you all have been up and running I'm a bit intimidated.
I could put here how long I've been gaming and how awesome I might be, but that's not what I want. I've scoured the net before looking for clans for Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, Minecraft, Starcraft, etc. But nothing has ever really fit what I wanted. I'm hoping Orb does. From what I've read about the "About us" page on the website it seems like we'd be a good fit for eachother, but I've heard that before, seen it before, I don't wish to have something proved to me and I can wait as long as needed to truly figure out if this would be a good fit for me. I want to be a part of a community that emphasizes fun over skill, maturity (like being an adult when negativity happens kind of maturity) over tenure or contribution. I want to find a guild/clan that not only wants people to have fun, but helps to start it. And I want a clan that isn't stagnate and just dies off slowly. Hopefully Orb is the last clan I ever have to join, but until I know I will watch, contribute, be active, until I have learned if the fit is correct.
Raikien

In-game Alias: VoisRaikien,Raikien,Kanervdss
Steam ID: Kanervdss

Wed May 29, 2013 11:44 am

Hey there, Raikien - I'm Lucid - guild/clan leader of Orb. Thanks for the kind words - I do take a lot of pride in just how long we've been around and how resilient we've been. I think the key ingredient to our success lies in our focus on making sure that people who join our community really appreciate what we're here for and what we care about. The mentality of "looking for a place to call home for a long time" is something we work very hard to build.

I will be straightforward with you - while we do have a pulse - I wouldn't exactly call us extremely vibrant in many fronts outside of World of Warcraft. That said - we retain a fairly active core of people who are usually doing *something*. An unfortunate side effect of being an adult oriented guild is that every year that goes by, we tend to get more and more distracted with things like kids, new jobs, fixin the house, etc. I put a lot of personal time into management of the guild/clan but I generally can only focus on a game or two at a time, so as a result, without people taking an active leadership role in games I don';t play - they aren't often extremely active. You'll see the forums have died down quite substantially as well - it's a feedback loop of "I don't visit the forums because people don't visit the forums". I like to have a lot of people on Steam so when the situation does arise - and we see 4-5 other people playing tf2 we can all hop in and make it a fun clan event.

One of the most active ways to get ahold of us is via our mumble server. Catch me on steam and I can either answer any questions or get you more info on ways to connect with us.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/orblucid
ImageImage
Lucid
Site Admin

In-game Alias: {-o-} Lucid
Steam ID: orblucid

Wed May 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Thank you for replying, I appreciate taking the time to do so :) I sent you an add request on steam, I should show up as Kanervdss. Again thank you for the reply and I'll be sure to check out mumble as soon as I get my computer cooperative with it again.

I know I'm not very old, 21 isn't a number that's looked upon as a sign of maturity as far as I can remember, but do understand a lot of what you're talking about, life happens an there's nothing we can do but hold on, hunker down, and wait for the tropical shitstorm to blow by and hope the clean up process isn't TO nasty.

*edit: I recently got hired, yay, by recent I mean today. So a possible re-subscription to WoW may be in my near future XD
Raikien

Wed May 29, 2013 4:49 pm

Also - you may have added me on battle.net's realID - the name or some variant of looks familiar - and I may have denied it for not knowing what it was. Re-add me if that's the case.

Also - 21 is not 'too young' or anything, but most people join the guild past 18 or so. Don't let that intimidate you or anything, we don't take age's into serious consideration beyond certain margins.
ImageImage
Lucid
Site Admin

Fri May 31, 2013 12:09 pm

I tried to add your steam but nothing, and I don't know where the mumble information/your b.net tag info is. All there is is the character name and I'm working on getting my account unlocked for WoW XD
Raikien

Fri May 31, 2013 12:27 pm

I added ya on Steam, but havent seen you online yet. I guess the battletag thing was coincidence.
ImageImage
Lucid
Site Admin

Fri May 31, 2013 5:16 pm

Greets! Always excited to see new faces on the forums!
Treshnell

In-game Alias: {-o-} Treshnell
Steam ID: treshnell

Return to Clan Matters