New random Orb Quote generator will go here.
Clan Orb

Last visit was:

Clanorb.com » Forum Index » Public » Clan Matters

Ahoy Orb!

Forum Index » Public » Clan Matters
Topics meant to orb as a whole, such as matches, requests to join(see sticky!) or ranting.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:47 am

Hey guys. It's Nayoko, formerly from kV. I would like to make a request to join Orb. I have always admired what you guys are about, practically from my first day of playing Tribes on Anni NJ 6 years ago, and I am glad that time has not changed you. I talked to Jinzo a while back, and he offered to talk to Lucid about me joining, but at the time, I wasn't in any games.

Now a little about me.

I'm 24, mother of 3 and recently divorced. I'm pretty shy, but once I get to know people, I tend to let lose a bit and have fun. In kV, some people said that I was the voice of reason. I take that to mean that I tend to be pretty rational, although at times, my emotions can get the best of me. I don't have a religion, and I don't care enough about it to call myself atheist. Politically, I lean toward being liberal and I'm rooting for Obama in the election.

As for gaming, I recently (still on my 10 day trial) got back into WoW. After my ex and I split in Oct. '05, I quit WoW and took a 2 year hiatus from online. I had a level 60 hunter that was in a hardcore raiding guild on Windrunner, then a 48 mage as an alt (several smaller characters as well). I would really love to be in a guild now, but I don't have the time to put into a hardcore guild, which leads me to you guys. I have a Blood Elf mage (Aldrial) on Stormreaver, and she's level 14 now. I know that's really too young to contribute to a guild, but I am hoping that I could be considered.

Thanks for you time,
Nayoko
Nayoko

Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:19 pm

Nayoko!

awesome!

hit me up in game hun and ill invite you
Jinzo

In-game Alias: {-o-} Jinzo
Steam ID: orbjinzo

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:43 pm

I was rather fond of Kylixen, so reading this is quite the blast from the past. In fact, i can remember talking to you both on the phone.

Omega

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:16 am

Thanks Jinzo!

Yeah Omega, I remember the two of you talked quite a bit. I can tell him to contact you if you like.
Nayoko

Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:16 am

No, forget WoW and come back to TribesRPG! I think I saw you there a few months ago, anyway...
Treshnell

In-game Alias: {-o-} Treshnell
Steam ID: treshnell

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:11 am

Were you Jam? I only loaded up Tribes RPG to try to satiate my thirst for online RPG, but alas, it didn't work =/ Now that I have a good computer that can handle WoW, I think I'm stuck, hehe.
Nayoko

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:18 am

That's one of my three main characters! Guess I'll just go back to Mass Effect, then!
Treshnell

In-game Alias: {-o-} Treshnell
Steam ID: treshnell

Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:19 am

I started a pally on storm to play with these guys. It's Tinneas so add that to your friends list. (lvling from 15-20 sucks but it starts picking up thereafter)
Savage Wolf

Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:58 pm

Blast from the past too for me, I remember talkin with you guys. Though I think we disagreed on a few things, was some good discussions, as best I remember. But yeah, our WoW contingent is certainly our biggest. We're slowly luring all zee old orbies back in the game, since we've managed to keep true to our guild's nature, even in the loothappy world of end-game raiding in wow.

Glad to have ya on board. Makes me happy to still be around and goin strong, even if it isnt in Tribes anymore. It does give me some pride knowin our legacy lives on, even with tribes on a severe decline.

If either you or savage wolf need some help getting some big upgrades to help with leveling, let me know, i'd be glad to help. I know that it's a pain to level those 20-40ish levels when your character hasnt quite reached much potential. Trust me, i know your pain (with 8 characters at level 40 and above :P). Luckily you guys are doing this after the exp change which trust me, is a huge improvement.
ImageImage
Lucid
Site Admin

In-game Alias: {-o-} Lucid
Steam ID: orblucid

Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:40 pm

Hrm, I don't remember you and I personally disagreeing on anything. I think not long after I joined PUB there was a misunderstanding between me and Civic, and then at some other point there was something that happened with Ben (Kylixen), but I can't remember what that was.

As far a leveling goes, it can be pretty painful at times. I was thinking today that the drop rate for some quests seems unbelievably low. I have a level 60 hunter on Windrunner (Alliance) and most of the time it was a pretty fun character to level. My 49 mage (Horde) was fun to level too, but my Stormreaver mage seems to be weaker somehow. Not sure if mages got nerfed or if I am just that rusty, lol. I only wish I could transfer that 49 mage here, but I don't think that I can because Windrunner is a normal server. It'd be really nice to have all the gold from my hunter... Anywho, I went extremely off topic. I'd love to level with the alts when I can (baby makes it hard for in depth party questing during the day =/), and I look forward to playing with you guys :)
Nayoko

Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:46 pm

If you could transfer from a normal server I would have my 66 lock over in a heartbeat
Savage Wolf

Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:11 am

hehe zee orbs they do nothings!@
Jinzo

In-game Alias: {-o-} Jinzo
Steam ID: orbjinzo

Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:51 am

perhaps you should see your doctor if your orbs aren't working.

Omega

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:43 pm

Omega wrote:perhaps you should see your doctor if your orbs aren't working.

I second that, but not for the same reasons as Omega
TheA1pha0mega

In-game Alias: {-o-} 0mega

Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:46 pm

oh please, like you and i are so different...

Nayoko: are you still in touch with ben? it'd be fun to hear form him again.

Omega

Next

Return to Clan Matters